Northern Plains Trucking is hiring Hydro Vac Operators in Douglas, WY!
In business since 1997, Northern Plains Trucking specializes in loading, unloading and transporting water/fluids and/or flow back from well sites to disposals. If you’re a team player who performs work in a safe, efficient, professional manner with good customer service and if you want to be part of a community that values their employees, think about becoming a Hydro Vac Operator in the Oilfield Services industry and join the Northern Plains Trucking team!
The Hydro Vac Operator drives and operates the Super Vacuum Truck picking up, hauling and unloading various oil field related fluids including fresh water, brine (salt) water, frac fluids, drilling mud and other well servicing drilling and production fluids to and from various sites and sources. All duties of the Hydro Vac Operator are to be performed to maximize the safety of all personnel at the work site and to ensure the most efficient operation possible.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job) Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Drives the Super Vacuum Truck to the customer’s location(s) to pick up fluids used in well servicing operations.
- Pulls hose(s) from the hose tray and connects one end to the truck and puts the other end into the pit or connects to a tank to extract fluid.
- Monitors the amount of fluid extracted and the amount of fluid the vacuum truck is lawfully allowed to haul and other situations presented by the site or the customer.
- Drives the truck to and from the loading site or customer’s locations disposal site(s) or back to the yard location.
- Maintains accurate work tickets based on the requirements and the work performed for the customer(s).
- Maintains accurate driving log books, performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections, and ensures accuracy of the maintenance on the vehicle.
- Alerts supervisor when mechanical defects are noted on the truck as well as alerts supervisor when work hours may exceed the DOT maximums.
- Uses hand tools and other equipment associated with the vehicle.
- Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by immediate supervisor.
Education and Experience
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Minimum 1 year experience of truck driving experience, preferably driving Vacuum Trucks or trucks.
- Must have a valid CDL A, or B driver’s license with the proper endorsements required for the type of vehicle operated issued by state of residence.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen, and successfully complete all other pre-employment requirements.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English to the extent that the individual is able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give verbal and written instructions in English.
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance – First of the month following date of hire
- Bi-weekly pay
- Holidays & Paid Vacation
- Company Paid STD/ LTD Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- 401 (k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Day and Night Shifts Available
Company Uniforms Provided Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Drug Free Workplace
To be considered for this position, please fill out our application. Make sure that you complete the full 3 years of past employment information on your application.