Turner Energy Services was founded in Perryton, Texas by John Turner in 1980 with the purchase of Bill’s Oilfield Service. Through the years his company expanded to include yards in Canadian, Briscoe/JoeLee, Wheeler, and Elk City before selling his company to Complete Production Services in 2006. Complete Production Services acquired Wes-Tex Services in 2007 adding them to the Turner Energy Services list of yards and expanding their service areas to include Borger and Miami enabling service coverage across the Texas Panhandle. Following the growth, Pampa was added in September 2011. Turner is now a part of the Complete Energy Services family.
We are currently seeking a Mechanic to join our team. The Mechanic is responsible for the mechanical servicing and upkeep of all Company equipment. The mechanic will perform scheduled preventative maintenance, will troubleshoot problems and perform necessary repairs.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job) Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
Education and Experience
- Troubleshooting. The mechanic, based on reports from the field, will have to diagnose problems with various types of oil well service equipment.
- The mechanic will have to understand the operation of the piece of equipment, and understand the appropriate diagnostic tests. The tests will frequently require interpretation on the part of the mechanic.
- The mechanic will have to reach those critical areas of the equipment in order to perform the diagnostic tests, which can require awkward postures.
- Repairs. The mechanic will be required to perform the repairs dictated based on troubleshooting the equipment, or perform scheduled maintenance. Repairs of differentials, hydraulic and electrical systems are required. Access during repair can place the body in awkward posture. Handling of heavy items will occur, especially in the field. Welding experience a plus.
- Attendance. The mechanic is required to have dependable and regular work attendance.
- Work may be done on field locations in indoor or outdoor elements
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Associate’s degree or completion of technical or vocational school degree and/or 3 – 4 years of related on-the-job experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; willingly applies feedback from Supervisor to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work on time beginning work day promptly at the scheduled work time Ensures work responsibilities are covered if absent.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responding to Supervisor’s direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work; Completes tasks in a timely manner and notifies supervisor of progress.
- Knowledge of newer equipment
- Must provide their own set of tools
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
To be considered for this position, please select the link “Apply for the job online”.
Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. Drug Free Workplace.