Northern Plains Trucking Hot Oiler Truck Driver
Under the supervision of the truck supervisor & dispatch office, the Hot Oil Unit Operator drives and operates a hot oil unit equipped with a high-pressure pump and burner for heating fluids. The Hot Oil Unit Operator must complete all paperwork including vehicle inspection reports (per DOT regulations) and Driver’s Daily Logs (per DOT regulation) daily and must have intermediate knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier DOT regulations. The pay range for this position is $22-24/hour.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job) - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Adheres to company policies and work requirements.
- Driving truck with a total capacity in excess of 3 tons.
- Operating high-pressure pump and burner for heating fluids, using controls such as levers, pedals and buttons.
- Operating high-pressure pump to circulate hot oil or water down flow lines, tubing and casing to melt and remove paraffin build-up.
- Operating high-pressure pump to test the integrity of tubing and casing.
- Observing equipment gauges and indicators and hand signals to monitor job activities and conditions.
- Carrying and laying out hoses and joints of pipe from the truck to the wellhead or battery.
- Connecting and disconnecting hoses and joints of pipe using hand tools.
- Assure that trucks are maintained and in good working condition. Must fill out Driver’s Vehicle Inspection Report (per DOT Regulations) daily. Notify supervisor of all problems immediately and perform minor repairs as necessary. An understanding of basic maintenance concepts is required to repair, maintain and adjust equipment, often using hand tools.
- Assure that paperwork such as timesheets, tickets, and records of loads hauled/transferred are completed accurately and forwarded to supervisor daily.
- Must complete Vehicle Inspection Report and Driver’s Daily Log each day and forward to supervisor at the end of the day (per DOT regulations).
- Responsible for conducting all field activities safely and accurately. Responsible for operating and maintaining all company equipment and property.
- Must be willing to work overtime.
- Dependable attendance.
- Follows safe work and good housekeeping practices.
- Attend all required safety meetings.
- This position requires various types and levels of job related training.
- Other duties as required by supervisor.
Minimum Required Qualifications –
- Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent that s/he is able to understand as well as able to give verbal and written instructions; and the ability to perform simple math skills using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication and simple calculations).
- Physical ability to perform heavy manual labor.
- Must have the basic knowledge of the oil field and related equipment associated with this position.
- Must have a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL A), Tanker endorsement and HazMat endorsement.
- Frequently required to drive in severe driving conditions.
- Must have twelve months of verifiable driving experience within the last three years.
- Must have the applicable knowledge of DOT rules and regulations as required.
- Ability to utilize and maintain electronic records.
- Must have an acceptable driving record.
- High School diploma or equivalent is preferred.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions –
- Standing and Walking - standing and walking will be required as a routine part of the job.
- Surface Conditions - surface conditions will range from ground conditions at the job site; typical warehouse conditions and customer offices.
- Work Conditions – exposure to hot temperatures, cold temperatures, sudden change in temperature, driving, whole body vibration.
- Working Environment could include:
- Other Job Demands include walking across sloped surfaces, twisting at waist, neck flexion/extension, and head/neck rotation.
- The heaviest weight lifted while sitting or standing in one place weighs: Up to 80 lbs.
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
To be considered for this position, please select the link “Apply for the job online”.
Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. Drug Free Workplace