The IT Technician position provides technical assistance to computer system users, answers questions or resolves computer problems for all employees, via telephone or from remote location. IT Technician may provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job)
- Provides on-site technical, program, and General IT operations support.
- Answers user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Helps all employees resolve computer related issues.
- Evaluates effectiveness of existing information processing systems and develops new systems to improve production or workflow as required.
- Performs basic system and network troubleshooting.
- Installs and configures software and hardware.
- Makes recommendations and performs upgrades for servers, workstations, phone systems, printers, and other devices.
- Ensures that all backups are performed regularly.
- Ensures that all data is protected from internal and external threats.
- Escalates issues to IT Senior Support Technicians as needed.
- Assists in management and tracking of technology assets.
- Keeps library of all software, hardware, and supporting documentation.
- Performs minor network and systems maintenance.
- Provides one on one training on policies and computer usage as needed.
- Responsible for the installation, configuration, troubleshooting, training, and basic application design of the companies Custom Mobility application after training.
Education and Experience
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree plus 2 Years of IT Technician Experience, or 6 years of IT Technician experience.
- Experience in a corporate environment is required.
- Candidates for this position should be mature, well organized, self-starting, highly motivated and comfortable with providing phone support with our remote offices.
- Knowledge of hardware and software troubleshooting techniques.
- Knowledge of Microsoft software, particularly OS and Office suites.
- Good technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols and standards.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision is a must.
- Travel will be required to field offices throughout the entire state.
- Incumbent must have a clean driving record and must be insurable under the CES insurance driving criteria.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Prefer experience working with Inthinc and Touchstar technology.
- Experience working in the transportation or oil and gas industry is a plus.
- Citrix experience.
- Hardware Experience, including – Working with PCs, Laptops, Printers, Scanners, Network Equipment, Cell Phones, etc., working knowledge of basic PC components (hard drives, memory, power supplies). Troubleshooting and repair of these components.
- Software Experience, including – Knowledge of Windows 7 operating system. Work with users on a somewhat advanced level with applications such as Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint 2007.
- Detailed technical knowledge and strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Solid understanding of prioritizing business objectives.
- Ability to prioritize and be flexible to handle multiple work streams.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative, relationship building and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate to all levels within the organization and across multiple departments.
- Ability to express technical concepts in a non-technical manner.
- Excellent presentation and demonstration skills and the ability to adapt messaging to target audience.
- Proven ability to work at all levels as a team member.
- A sense of controlled urgency, with the ability to make decisions and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
This position requires sufficient physical ability to work in a typical office setting; driving a motor vehicle and working in the field and/or office setting of standard oil field job sites.
FREQUENT - sitting, upward and downward flexion of neck; fine finger dexterity and light to moderate finger pressure, side-to-side turning of neck, walking, standing, bending and stooping, pushing/pulling, twisting at waist, moderate wrist torque to twist equipment knobs and dials. Climbing in and out of transport trucks.
OCCASIONAL - squatting, kneeling, reach above and at shoulder height, moderate grasp to manipulate reference books and manuals; lifting objects weighing 20-50 lbs. from below waist to above shoulders and transporting distances up to 50 feet.
Vision: Ability to see in the normal visual range with or without correction.
Hearing: Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Drug Free Workplace.