PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job) Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervise the operation of materials, equipment, customer property from one location to another in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Provide daily supervision of employees, involving scheduling, monitoring and evaluating performance and productivity.
- Assist in the Investigation of incidents and accidents.
- Review and approve employee time sheets and field tickets.
- Ensure all regulatory matters, such as DOT and company policies and procedures are observed and followed.
- Maintain regular contact and communication with customers at their work sites and offices.
- Establish an effective rapport with customers for sales purposes, as well as addressing any concerns and resolving any issues or problems.
- Provide training to new drivers to ensure they understand and conform to all rules and regulations as well as safety requirements; guidelines and company policies.
- Coordinate the transport of materials and products to and from yards and/or work locations.
- Supervise the delivery of goods as scheduled.
- Comply with all SOX requirements
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Supervisor must pass pre-employment tests & have a valid license that meets company insurance driver criteria in order to be an approved driver.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Minimum of two (2) years of water transfer
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Good customer relations skills.
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions.
- Excellent safety awareness.
- Ability to manage and resolve conflict.
- Leadership and supervisory skills
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Standing and Walking. Standing and walking will be required as a routine part of the job.
- Surface Conditions. Surface conditions will range from ground conditions at the job site; typical
warehouse conditions and customer offices.
- The Supervisor will be seated behind the wheel of the vehicle for requested amounts of time and
will be exposed to vibration from the vehicle and due to uneven road conditions.
- The Supervisor will be required to climb into/out of vehicle.
- Work Conditions – exposure to. Hot temperatures, cold temperatures, sudden change in temperature,
driving, whole body vibration.
Working environment could include:
- Other Job Demands. Walking across sloped surfaces, twisting at waist, neck flexion/extension, head/neck
- The heaviest weight lifted while sitting or standing in one place weighs: Up to 80 lbs.
This position has direct reports.