Hamm & Phillips
Hamm & Phillips Service Company was founded in Ringwood, Oklahoma in 1968. We opened under the name "Harold Hamm Tank Truck Service" and consisted of one Bobtail Ford truck. Since 1968 the company's growth has been constant and steady. Growth continued through the oil "bust" in the 1980's, mainly because of a sound conservative business practice, and the growth continues. Hamm & Phillips services Oklahoma, Texas Panhandle, SW Kansas, and the tri-state area of North and South Dakota and Montana.
We are currently seeking a Winch Truck Driver to join our team. Under the supervision of the Yard Manager the Winch Truck Operator drives and operates a winch truck equipped with a single winch, to load and move frac tanks; or with the use of a float pick up, transport and unload oil field servicing or drilling equipment including but not limited to open top tanks, reverse units, to and from various locations within the work area. This equipment is loaded and unloaded onto the truck or float with the use of the trucks mechanical winch. The Winch Truck Operator must complete all paperwork including vehicle inspection reports (per DOT regulations), and drivers daily logs (per DOT regulations). Must have immediate knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier DOT regulations.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job) Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The Winch Truck Operator drives the Winch Truck to and from the appropriate location while mechanically loading or unloading oilfield equipment using a single winch. This position requires the knowledge and ability to safely operate the Truck and the mechanical winch and to then manually tie down the loaded equipment using chains and boomers.
- Assure that paperwork such as timesheets, tickets, and records of loads hauled/transferred are completed accurately and forwarded to yard manager daily.
- Assure that trucks are maintained and in good working condition. Must fill out Driver’s Vehicle Inspection Report (per DOT Regulations) daily. Notify manager of all problems immediately and perform minor repairs as necessary. An understanding of basic maintenance concepts is required.
- Must complete Vehicle Inspection Report and Driver’s Daily Log each day and forward to manager at the end of the day (per DOT regulations).
- Responsible for conducting all field activities safely and accurately. Responsible for operating and maintaining all company equipment and property within the Safe Operating Standards Handbook operational, environmental and safety guidelines.
- Adheres to Company policies and work requirements.
- Must be willing to work overtime.
- Dependable attendance, no unauthorized absences.
- Attend all required safety meetings.
- This position requires various types and levels of job related training with compliance to Company Safe Operating Procedures and other specialized training as required.
- Other duties as required by yard manager.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Physical ability to perform heavy manual labor.
- Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent that s/he is able to understand as well as able to give verbal and written instructions; and the ability to perform simple math skills using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication and simple calculations).
- Must have the basic knowledge of the oil field and related equipment associated with this position.
- Must have a valid Commercial Drivers License (CDL A).
- Frequently required to drive in severe driving conditions.
- Must have the applicable knowledge of DOT rules and regulations as required.
- Minimum of one year commercial truck driving experience required.
- Must be able to pass required background checks as well as pre-employment drug screening.
- Ability to meet required driving criteria in order to be on Insurance approved drivers list.
- High School diploma or equivalent is preferred.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Standing, sitting and walking will be required as a routine part of the job.
- Surface conditions will range from ground conditions at the job site to walking across uneven surfaces, climbing up and down stairs and moving about on a catwalk, twisting at waist, neck flexion/extension, head/neck rotation.
- The heaviest weight lifed while sitting or standing in one place weighs: Up to 80 lbs.
- Working conditions could include:
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
To be considered for this position, please select the link “Apply for the job online”.
Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. Drug Free Workplace.