Celebrating over 60 years A&W Water has succeeded in developing reputable long lasting relationships with many customers. We provide 24/7 timely solutions to the industry to safely keep our customers’ operations with experienced personnel and quality equipment. With over 3,000 frac tanks and a fleet of trucks (winch, water tankers and flatbeds) we are able to meet our customers’ needs. We are able to provide the assurance of continued relationships with our customers and security for our employees.
We are currently seeking a Mechanic to join our team. The Mechanic is responsible for the mechanical servicing and upkeep of all Company equipment. The mechanic will perform scheduled preventative maintenance, will troubleshoot problems and perform necessary repairs.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job) Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Troubleshooting. The mechanic, based on reports from the field, will have to diagnose problems with various types of oil well service equipment.
- The mechanic will have to understand the operation of the piece of equipment, and understand the appropriate diagnostic tests. The tests will frequently require interpretation on the part of the mechanic.
- The mechanic will have to reach those critical areas of the equipment in order to perform the diagnostic tests, which can require awkward postures.
- Repairs. The mechanic will be required to perform the repairs dictated based on troubleshooting the equipment, or perform scheduled maintenance. Repairs of differentials, hydraulic and electrical systems are required. Access during repair can place the body in awkward posture. Handling of heavy items will occur, especially in the field. Welding experience a plus.
- Attendance. The mechanic is required to have dependable and regular work attendance.
- Work may be done on field locations in indoor or outdoor elements
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Associate’s degree or completion of technical or vocational school degree and/or 3 – 4 years of related on-the-job experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; willingly applies feedback from Supervisor to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work on time beginning work day promptly at the scheduled work time Ensures work responsibilities are covered if absent.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responding to Supervisor’s direction.
- Completes tasks in a timely manner and notifies supervisor of progress.
- Must provide their own set of tools
- Must have an acceptable driving record.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Standing and Walking. Standing and walking will be required as a routine part of the job.
Surface Conditions. Surface conditions will range from ground conditions at the job site; typical warehouse conditions and customer offices.
- Work Conditions – exposure to. Hot temperatures, cold temperatures, sudden change in temperature, driving, whole body vibration.
Working environment could include:
- Other Job Demands. Walking across sloped surfaces, twisting at waist, neck flexion/extension, head/neck rotation
- The heaviest weight lifted while sitting or standing in one place weighs: Up to 80 lbs.
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
To be considered for this position, please select the link “Apply for the job online”.
Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. Drug Free Workplace.